Enviro 28 stove starts up but then does not ramp to high heat, it keeps low

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sartorisan

Mar 3, 2024
Italy
Guys, please help!

i did a major maintenance/cleaning last summer and the stove worked fine at start up of the season. Soon enough after 1 or 2 times of operation the pellet stove started to try and start up, ignitor would try to light up, a timid fire would start and i noticed that the pellet motor was not sending down pellet consistently, it would work intermittently. Long story short i ordered a new control board (all the way from USA to Italy as the only reseller in Italy had no stock left...).
I now mounted the new control board on high-low mode, the pellet stove starts perfectly, the fire comes up strong (i put the maximum setting), After around 15 mins i hear the fan slowing down and the fire starts going lower and lower until it is just a small fire. The water temperature does not rise, i just decide to shut down every time.
I have cleaned the 120°F (49°C) exhaust temperature sensor (on the left panel) and also the lookalike sensor behind the stove on the main chamber which i believe is called the ignitor temperature switch. i also Jumpered the cables of the exhaust temperature switch to test if the sensor after cleaning was faulty, but when i test the pellet stove the behaviour remains the same.
Have you guys any pointers for me please? The Enviro support in Italy is basically not existant, please help!
Any suggestions is super welcome and i thank you in advance
kind regards
Maura

Hi-low will be controlled by a thermostat. If your thermostat is not calling for heat, it will drop to low, which sounds like your problem. Check your thermostat. You can also run it in manual to see if it functions normally without the thermostat

• Love
Reactions: sartorisan
Hi-low will be controlled by a thermostat. If your thermostat is not calling for heat, it will drop to low, which sounds like your problem. Check your thermostat. You can also run it in manual to see if it functions normally without the thermostat
Dear Bill,

i am so grateful for your post. My stove is in my second home and since 2 week ends ago i am not there but my brain did not just give up. i kept on doing some readings on manual etc and i came up to the same conclusion it must be the thermostat. So i was looking for an external termostat (as i never had one), but then just yesterday by total coincidence i was looking at some old pictures of my stove (yes i always take pictures when i put my hands on it just in case i forget... in between one visit and the other sometimes there are months), and i noticed 2 cablec that i did not attach back to the board and that are connected right to the water thermostat on the stove. So i am pretty sure it must be the thermostat and if this is the case it would be a fantastic news as i don't need to spend a fortune on a new pellet stove! Anyhow thank you for your precious comment, for now it made me feel good and i keep you posted on the final solution!

Hello all,

Bill was right! my thermostat was not connected, now i did connect it and everything is back to normal. i might need to change it as sometimes i can tell the "click" sound that starts the call as it is the temperature is a bit defective yet after turning up and down the dial a couple of times it does start. thanks for your support i really appreciate it. Kind regards