New Harman Accentra 52i today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposed to b cooler this weekend in pa anyone thinking of burnin

Looking at the forecast (cloudy, lows 40s, high 64)... I'm thinking I may be pouring pellets with my coffee on Sunday morning. Maybe even on Saturday.

Do ya think I should fire mine up and make sure of fumes since it was only test fired once. Cause it will still b warm enough to open windows or is one test fire take care of paint fumes

wow - 50 for a low Friday morning... but next week Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are forecasted as 50 / 48 / 46 !!!!!! (but 70 for highs). Who knows - I may be able to fire up a quickie!! Normally, never need for heat here before October. How about you?

Do ya think I should fire mine up and make sure of fumes since it was only test fired once. Cause it will still b warm enough to open windows or is one test fire take care of paint fumes
YES GOOD IDEA!!!! If anyone gives you a look for starting a fire... you can tell them it is for health and safety reasons! OH what's that... why am I staring at the fire and smiling??

Reactions: Big papa
No past experience with pellets but furnace may run some in the mornin in September was kinda getting a feel if I should fire it up anytime soon or not

Oh definitely start burning to keep the furnace from spending your money - then it's only common sense - just ask anyone in this site!

If it gets cool enough to kick the furnace on this weekend. I'll get a fire goin and get a feel for everything

Excellent plan - you'll be glad you did! I was checking the long range forecasts... and for what they are worth, I'm seeing quite a few mid-40s to upper 30s in 2 weeks for morning low temps so it is only a matter of time! I will definitely NOT be turning on my electric baseboard heat !!!!

Thanks for the info will let u know how it goes. Although not lookin forward 30 degree temps

I agree - good luck with everything - if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Will do thank u very much ur the man

I could dump that often.. but even at a 'higher' setting (FEED RATE 3 / STOVE TEMP 3 - 4), I can go for an entire week before emptying. (maybe because I was using a relatively 'lower' ash type of pellet??) I'm hope that will still be the case when I finish burning my Barefoot and attack my stacks of LaCrete.... to be determined around December or so :)

I expect you'll be shocked in the ash difference between those two. I'll say no more.

I expect you'll be shocked in the ash difference between those two. I'll say no more.
Really - wow! I am expecting a slight decrease with the LaCrete brand.... anything more than slight than I'll be happy for sure :) Sadly to be continued in about 3 months :(

"Wood pellet co" never seen them in any other type of bag since they opened up so I don't think they r the same as wpi pellets

Have u tried wood pellet co before.do u think they are a bad pellet.i hope there good cause I'm stuck w 6 tons otherwise

Have u tried wood pellet co before.do u think they are a bad pellet.i hope there good cause I'm stuck w 6 tons otherwise
Wow 6 tons of one pellet at one time.... that's a leap of faith!

I knew barefoot was good - I only switched to lacrete because my original pellet supplier was still only taking orders for barefoot as late as August (which were also $20/ton higher than last year at $295/ton now) once he finally gets them in! I heard too many things about last season's shortages so I decided not to put off buying 3 tons any longer and went with getting 3 tons of lacrete delivered in July at $309/ton.

Yeah 6 tons but did talk to several people that burn them. They all said only pellet they burn and love them low ash and burn hot

Oh ok very good then :) I think after reading a lot of posts on here, try to buy a pellet with LESS than .5% ash and at least an 8,200 btu/lb or higher and you should do well

Has anyone burnt these pellets for a first hand review "wood pellet co"

Wow 6 tons of one pellet at one time.... that's a leap of faith!

I knew barefoot was good - I only switched to lacrete because my original pellet supplier was still only taking orders for barefoot as late as August (which were also $20/ton higher than last year at $295/ton now) once he finally gets them in! I heard too many things about last season's shortages so I decided not to put off buying 3 tons any longer and went with getting 3 tons of lacrete delivered in July at $309/ton.

You may want 1 more ton... Just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.