new harman pf100 owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradp337

Nov 13, 2013
Allegan, MI
Finally decided to take the leap and buy a Harman PF100. Just have a few questions about it. I'm definitely a newb when it comes to this thing. Just wondering how long your distribution blower is supposed to run. I have the fan control switch set to the factory specs. It just seems to run a lot. Also have the feeder knob set on 4 like the manual says. Are these the optimum settings? I did a search on this forum for fan control settings and tried to set it at 150 degrees fan on and 120 degrees fan off. The furnace heats for 5 minutes and the distribution blower will only run for 30 seconds. Just not exactly sure how its supposed to work. Called the dealer and they were no help on settings even though they have one that heats there shop. Any information would be great.

Your temperature differential is off. I don't know anything about your furnace, but the manual states how to set the limit/control. The high should be set to the stop on the dial, and the off/on pointers should be brought together, then the gap in-between the two should fall between the second zero on the 100. This would put the off around 90 and the on at 110. Where your at now, it will take a while to kick in the on temp, and almost instantly cool it to the point of short cycling the blower. I almost forgot, make sure the dial remains still, while setting the off/on. You don't want to damage the limit/control.

Last edited:
I have the fan control set just like the manual says to. It is set with the gap centered right over the center zero of 100. Just seems like the distribution blower stays on for a long time.

I'm sorry, I didn't see where your concern was the blower running too long, I was thinking it was the short cycling. I'm not familiar with a pellet furnace, so I will let others chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.