New Home New Summit Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buc74

Burning Hunk
Oct 16, 2012
Fort Atkinson, WI
Moved in on Monday

nvf_OkfF7Swfh0iY20ERS_uDgfNFj8RxgtEUMaJjACZOFP4hMuGOuHuO6_GtpO8JbPyjwTqtxDZrLPB2AHt=w901-h675-no.jpg

PE Summit installed on Wednesday
chfh1ZF-vlX1VQiCG7Tu8551CfLkusd5wNS4V6mYs0INubR0cz88z7794GdeIP3y0v55LPl9i_T5PHWTAAi=w901-h675-no.jpg

Wow what a nice stove! Just about have the paint smell gone, can't wait for the colder weather moving in this weekend. OMG does she put the heat out, exceeding my expectations so far. Picking up the hearth today.

Nice. I know exactly what you mean about the summit. Just entering my second season with it and yah they can pump out the heat.

Congratulations on the home and the stove.

Wow, you move quickly! Congratulations. That's a nice looking fire there.

Santa looks like he might be a little thirsty. ;lol

Nice setup.. I could just imagine...during the home inspection specifically measuring the fire place and chimney height for the liner then saying to the wife..put all the clothes and furniture in the front of the truck, keep my ladder and tools in the back by the door, I got to do something right away.

Santa looks like he might be a little thirsty. ;lol

That Santa was in the attic of our first home we bought in 1983, so he's an old fella for sure.

Thanks everyone, our next project will be the basement fireplace. We'd like to place a free standing stove in the opening. It looks like we may have a negative pressure issue based on the black smoke stains though. Need to clean the chimney before we can try it out.
RowD3kM_uEi4V_LgwSDlslpZdj-R9YbDTYkxOSOIOOK0k3Jmk_e4bZplrjPyP9PNPNWX15Ntxm7sBLnBgea=w901-h675-no.jpg

Probably be OK with a stove and liner in there...

Congrats! You'll love that stove.
I was just in the store for a part today & looking at the Summits -- I really like the door system on them, as compared to the Alderlea line.
Not changing, just looking -- we love the Alderlea & it works great for our situation.

Keep 'er burning!

Status
Not open for further replies.