New house, chimney liner pictures.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
New to me house with an older stove. Pulled the surround of the insert today and found that it's lined up past the first flu tile, and then it has what appears to be KA WOOL surrounding it, and then it's mortared in.

The fireplace is one huge brick mass spanning two rooms, all i can see is rebar and no wood anywhere.

The liner seems much thicker and stout then one I purchased for my rental.

There is a ton of clearance from the stove to the masonry walls of the fireplace, at least 6 inches on each side, the liner is clear of anything by at least 5 inches all the way up, looked like it was a HUGE fireplace.

The red arrow shows an old tube, this used to be a "heat exchanger" that was built in, running to vents in the fireplace, looks like they sealed it off.

What do you guys think? everything look alright? It's hard to tell from the picture, but it's terminated at the stove correctly with a stainless steal connection.

Attachments

• IMG_0168.JPG
    IMG_0168.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 343
Status
Not open for further replies.