New ignitor...WOW!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Well, like I said in the other thread that talks about how your stove started up this year,

www.hearth.com/talk/threads/how-did-your-pellet-stove-start-up-go-this-year.91503/

I finally bit the bullet and started the stove up :mad:. About a week earlier than I wanted to, but the house was cool.

Over the summer, I did some maintenance on the stove....new door & glass gaskets, made some burnpot gaskets to test out, and installed a new ignitor. The old one (original to the stove AFAIK), was only getting hot on the inner half but DID still start the stove, although it normally took about 5-6 minutes and the burn pot was almost 3/4 full when she did finally light off.

Well, let me tell you, that new one is AMAZING....from cold stove w/ NO pellets in the pot, to flame was 2 minutes 45 seconds. I actually saw sparks at about the 90 second mark. No more full pot either...the pellets were less than 1/4 the way up.

Anyone else have any idea how long from an empty pot/cold stove to flame yours takes? Just curious.

I'm LOVING this. But I kept the old ignitor, just in case......

With the CPM (all new) its about 3 minutes. The Quad is about the same. Fahrenheit? ? ? Never timed it. But it has a large ignitor and an air pump like the CPM. So it starts quite well under all Circumstances. It cleaning itself (literally scrapes the pot) helps a lot too! ;)

New gaskets and new ignitor. Sounds like a winner.

How often does the ignitor and door gasket need to be replaced?

How often does the ignitor and door gasket need to be replaced?
The ignitor only need replacing when it fails.

Door gasket when it no longer creates a tight seal (use dollar bill test). In my case, the door & glass gasket were at least 3 yrs old, so I just figured it was time.

Reactions: MacP
PC takes about a minute from the time I hit the switch till I see flame. Most of the minute is spent just getting fresh pellets into the pot. Pressure system on this model. Pricey but very effective.

I will time mine in the coming weeks, maybe tomorrow morning because of the rain/cold today. I usually throw a handful of pellets in the pot to start the fire quicker.
I like the idea of hand sanitizer to overcome a bad ignitor.

Bill

Well, like I said in the other thread that talks about how your stove started up this year,

www.hearth.com/talk/threads/how-did-your-pellet-stove-start-up-go-this-year.91503/

I finally bit the bullet and started the stove up :mad:. About a week earlier than I wanted to, but the house was cool.

Over the summer, I did some maintenance on the stove....new door & glass gaskets, made some burnpot gaskets to test out, and installed a new ignitor. The old one (original to the stove AFAIK), was only getting hot on the inner half but DID still start the stove, although it normally took about 5-6 minutes and the burn pot was almost 3/4 full when she did finally light off.

Well, let me tell you, that new one is AMAZING....from cold stove w/ NO pellets in the pot, to flame was 2 minutes 45 seconds. I actually saw sparks at about the 90 second mark. No more full pot either...the pellets were less than 1/4 the way up.

Anyone else have any idea how long from an empty pot/cold stove to flame yours takes? Just curious.

I'm LOVING this. But I kept the old ignitor, just in case......

Wow, that must be the fastest ignitor in the WEST!
At 525 watts it is like magnum !

I thought the one year old US Stove American Harvest with the 250 watt ignitor was fast at 4 mins!

Dexter - Please time your Quad CB1200 FS and I will time my Santa Fe for comparison ok?

My older harman pc 45 in a 45 degree garage lit in 2 min 45 sec

my 25-PDV just took 6 minutes...

Just did the Quad. It was just over 3:50. Which is about average.

This start up had zero smoke in the firebox. Some take a little longer. Some a little quicker. I put a vid up on YouTube...

Its a video from my phone. So quality isn't the best. But you can see the Red call light (and my dirty glass once I turn on the light) :)

From a dead cold stove to roaring flame and HOT air blowing out, 15-20 minutes. Smoke, sparks and flames are pretty, but hot air is what I likes! I am going to get the clock out and do some metrics on this one....

Status
Not open for further replies.