new install napoleon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsvo

Jun 17, 2008
vt
well i finally installed my nps40 napoleon today,nice day 55 degrees. so far i played around with settings seems to be a stove that changes nicely with the settings.ran with windows open for a hour or so and smell was very little if any. trying energex pellets,which i did vacuum before putting and had about two cup fulls of fines per bag. will be interesting to try when colder.this forum has helped alot with piping suggestions,pellet brands etc. thanks everyone

Glad you got your stove installed. 2 cups of fines for 1 bag is a lot, but as long as your cleaning it out of the pellets, should be good to go.

BTW, you have to post some pics, or the install really didn't happen :lol:

Hope you enjoy your new stove. Three members of my family each have the same Napoleon stove. So far, everyone is happy with their stoves and the new heat they are getting. I too am burning Energex. I am surprised at the amount of "fines" you are getting from your pellets. The first ton of pellets I burned, I sifted every bag. Only got about 3 cups from the whole thing. Still have them in the sifter that now sits idle. Stopped sifting and have had no problems with the second ton. What I have done is to empty out the pellet hopper and vacuum around the auger. Looked like a lot, but when I empty the vac. I only have a very small amount of sawdust. I know that my pellets have had very little handling. they were never lifted by hand until I took them out of the ton pack. As far as I know, they have not been stored outside. One family member is burning LG's. They tell me their pellets give plenty of heat and little ash. The other relative is burning the "new" Athens. He is happy with them. He cleans about as often as I do. We all run with our draft open to 4 or 5. burns hot and clean. Glass gets dirty in two days but it wipes right off with paper towel. I get a clinker cookie in the burn pot about every 3 days, but never have anything that doesn't scoop or vac right up. Never need to scrape. Love the big ash bin. Ash is good for putting on the ice to prevent falls. Also plan to save it for use around some of my plants to keep the slugs away.
Would like to see some pic's of your install if you are able to post them.

Status
Not open for further replies.