new jotul 602 USA, base plate parts overlaping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pavell

Dec 16, 2009
Netherlands
Dear users,

my new jotul 602 has been just delivered.
I noticed the following:
at the bottom the two base plates parts overlap a bit, is that normal?
please see the pic.

I really hope it's okay...
Thanks for your advice.

Pavel from Holland

Attachments

• DSCN6835.jpg
    DSCN6835.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 755
My old unit has a single base plate so I can't check, but I would expect them to lay flat. Maybe it moved during shipping? Have you tried tapping the left side one over with a wood block?

Remove the two side plates, realign the bottoms so they butt against each other, and replace the side plates. Problem solved.

hey pavel
got my 602 in nov,side plate was ajar,just slid it in,so i imagine you can slide your plates out and re-align your base plates.check your door latch as well,mine is bent out farther than vertical,seems yours looks like that as well,other that that this little box heats like heck,and burn times are much longer than you may have been led to believe....cheers
rod

That really is a neat little stove. Show us some pictures when you get it up and running. Good luck.

Nice stove choice, I absolutely LOVE mine. It is a perfect size, heats up quickly and throws alot of heat. It may not burn forever and a day, but that is not always a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.