New Lopi Evergreen 2021 Fan Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rds

Mar 8, 2021
Pacific Northwest
So I have had the new Lopi Evergreen for a few days and have had some good fires burning.i have the fan switch on but it's never kicked on. I have checked and power is going to everything... What can I do to get the fan to turn on?

I have a Lopi Evergreen, love it. Most likely you haven't got the stove hot enough yet. By that i mean the whole stove. The bottom of your stove where the fan controls are located takes longer to heat. I can have my chimney and top of the fire box pushing into the red on my thermometers before the fan will kick on.

Thank you for responding. I wish I could utilize the heat a little better. By the time my stove got that hot I wouldnt need the fan anymore,I would be opening the door. I love the stove but the fan system seems poorly designed and should have a manual option in my untrained opinion. Thank you again!

My Lopi Republic vintage 2009 had what I thought was the same issue as you when first fired up. The little thermostat disk on the bottom of the stove was, in my eyes, defective because it wouldn't fire up the fan, even after 30-40 minutes of use. Took the disk assembly to the dealer, he put a hair dryer on it and it clicked on after a half a minute or so. Lesson was, as Espartaco stated, give it time. Now, a couple of years later the disk failed completely, luckily in the closed position so that now I turn the fan on and off when I want. Not perfect but close enough.

Reactions: Espartaco
Thank you for responding. I wish I could utilize the heat a little better. By the time my stove got that hot I wouldnt need the fan anymore,I would be opening the door. I love the stove but the fan system seems poorly designed and should have a manual option in my untrained opinion. Thank you again!
It could be that the thermal snap switch needs to be in tighter contact with the stove body. Check to see that it is pressing firmly against the stove. If it is, then another option would be to change the snap switch to one of a lower temp range. The last option would be to bypass the thermal switch for on/off operation.

My Lopi Republic vintage 2009 had what I thought was the same issue as you when first fired up. The little thermostat disk on the bottom of the stove was, in my eyes, defective because it wouldn't fire up the fan, even after 30-40 minutes of use. Took the disk assembly to the dealer, he put a hair dryer on it and it clicked on after a half a minute or so. Lesson was, as Espartaco stated, give it time. Now, a couple of years later the disk failed completely, luckily in the closed position so that now I turn the fan on and off when I want. Not perfect but close enough.
Thank you, I do love the stove regardless

Is it plugged in?

Just kidding :) , but you never know...

Reactions: Rds
My husband and life have taught me to always check the power,breaker,on switch, and gas tank and the choke before asking for help. I had hoped that by meerly asking for help the fan would start working,as that is often the case with things that dont start.I have also tried swearing at it. Has anyone replaced the switch with a lower temp switch? I saw that there is 120 degree one...?

Reactions: Hoytman
It could be that the thermal snap switch needs to be in tighter contact with the stove body. Check to see that it is pressing firmly against the stove. If it is, then another option would be to change the snap switch to one of a lower temp range. The last option would be to bypass the thermal switch for on/off operation.
Just saw your post, thank you I will try the lower temp switch!!

Just saw your post, thank you I will try the lower temp switch!!
First make sure that the current snap switch is in firm contact with the stove body. Sometimes it is not.

In all seriousness, if you haven't already, plug something else into that electrical outlet and make sure it comes on. The breaker could be tripped or the outlet could be inactive. I've fallen into this trap a few times in my lifetime, especially with other houses.