1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

New Lopi Republic 1750 going in this afternoon

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Augie, Nov 18, 2012.

1. aansorge

aansorge Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Minnesota
    That is actually quite a lot, but the wood isn't ideal. I get about a 1/4 of that amount after burning 6 months non-stop. You'll see the same as me if you get the wood dry.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Augie

Augie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    North Of Canada
    Finished up second sweep. Had about the same amount of creosote in the stove after 6 weeks instead of four and with the colder temps there has been considerably more wood run through the stove. Very happy all things considered. Still burning all scrounge including a bunch of oak that is great but the outside 20% is punky/rotten so I'm sure that is contributing to some of the creosote forming. all my wood is very dirty as I'm getting a lot of clinkers every time I empty ashes.

Relit the fire and temps in the house are already back up to 68 and dialed back air to cruise along.
  3. Augie

Augie Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    North Of Canada
    So all I have to say after one year of Burning it that I am totally satisfied with this Stove. Puts out as much heat as her more expensive brethren at half the cost, and IMHO I like the clean lines of the entry level stoves better anyway.

Burned about 3 cords, about 2 cords were total crap, punky, wet, half rotted, but it was what I had!lol Looking forward to next year, I already have 1 cord that I picked up fully seasoned ready to go and another 2 cords of Maple/ash that are CSS single row in a sunny windy spot. It is amazing the difference a few months makes in the ability to start and maintain a good fire. I'm running the stove 2 out of every 3 days now for a small fire in the evening. Thanks for the advice and help. And to Pallet Pete for hooking me up with just over a face cord to get through the tail end of burn season.