New Lopi Republic 1750 going in this afternoon

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is actually quite a lot, but the wood isn't ideal. I get about a 1/4 of that amount after burning 6 months non-stop. You'll see the same as me if you get the wood dry.

Finished up second sweep. Had about the same amount of creosote in the stove after 6 weeks instead of four and with the colder temps there has been considerably more wood run through the stove. Very happy all things considered. Still burning all scrounge including a bunch of oak that is great but the outside 20% is punky/rotten so I'm sure that is contributing to some of the creosote forming. all my wood is very dirty as I'm getting a lot of clinkers every time I empty ashes.

Relit the fire and temps in the house are already back up to 68 and dialed back air to cruise along.

So all I have to say after one year of Burning it that I am totally satisfied with this Stove. Puts out as much heat as her more expensive brethren at half the cost, and IMHO I like the clean lines of the entry level stoves better anyway.

Burned about 3 cords, about 2 cords were total crap, punky, wet, half rotted, but it was what I had!lol Looking forward to next year, I already have 1 cord that I picked up fully seasoned ready to go and another 2 cords of Maple/ash that are CSS single row in a sunny windy spot. It is amazing the difference a few months makes in the ability to start and maintain a good fire. I'm running the stove 2 out of every 3 days now for a small fire in the evening. Thanks for the advice and help. And to Pallet Pete for hooking me up with just over a face cord to get through the tail end of burn season.

Status
Not open for further replies.