New member - appreciate the good advice

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lsm180

Hearth Supporter
Dec 23, 2008
Canandaigua NY
I have been lurking here for the past several months gathering information on what type of stove to buy. I finally settled on the PE Spectrum pedestal to heat a tight 1450 sf ranch. I am on day 15 of not hearing the furnace run, what a great feeling. Last night it was 3 outside with 25 mph winds, and it was 75 in the living room and 70 in the bedrooms. I just want to express my appreciation for all of the good information put on this site by it's members. The information on these forums saved me from having to cut through the sales pitches for the other models that I considered. Thanks.

Hope you enjoy that PE. I've been considering one, I can't recall anyone saying anything bad about them and the company itself seems to be responsive to warranty issues etc.

Welcome & congrats.
It is a good feeling when you experience wood heat and how much better it heats a home than forced air in my case.
I love saving money and the exercise & back to simpler times that comes with wood heat.
And a couple middle finger salutes to Opec & the man makes it even that much more sweeter.
;)

lsm180 said:
I have been lurking here for the past several months gathering information on what type of stove to buy. I finally settled on the PE Spectrum pedestal to heat a tight 1450 sf ranch. I am on day 15 of not hearing the furnace run, what a great feeling. Last night it was 3 outside with 25 mph winds, and it was 75 in the living room and 70 in the bedrooms. I just want to express my appreciation for all of the good information put on this site by it's members. The information on these forums saved me from having to cut through the sales pitches for the other models that I considered. Thanks.

I am jelous that you have a tight well insulated house that the hot air can get around to the rooms it needs to, you can keep hot with that new stove of yours.

I have a bigger stove but my house is so uninsulated & so big, 3000 sq. ft that the stove won't keep more that the basement and the kitchen reasonalbly warm in these cold temps.

I am forced to use auxizillary oil heat, even though I don't want 2, because I am sick of going through a door from a 70 deg room to a 58 deg room.

I am seriously thinking of insulation & fan forced heat registers for this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.