New Napoleon I45 pellet insert installed last monday needs wireless remote & recieving module

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redhen

Jan 27, 2011
Springtown ,Texas
We now know why our insert would not burn properly on Tstat mode. We were burning pellets not knowing we needed a remote and receiving unit? for the Tstat mode. Our dealer/installer recommended the Tstat mode but failed to tell us a remote and receiving module was also needed?. Our insert is burning fair on the manual mode and supplementing our heat pump. We have the heat pump 60 °F and yesterday our temp by evening was 70, °F . It is mainly only warming 2 rooms. On full blast I dont think it would heat our home, (1600 sq feet brick built 2003. ) Our temp outside this morning was 5 degrees. Our schools, work, bases everything was been closed. Electric Companys are talking Rolling Blackouts. They will shut down electric for supposed 15 minutes at a time in different areas although some have been 45 min. I wonder what all is involved in installing this receiver module for Napoleon I45 insert. I have 2 boys in biomed so they could probably do this for us.
Does anyone know if the serial number is on the back of the stove insert ?

I would bet 100 bucks that your dealer (if they are a real Hearth dealer) should have your serial # on file.

shouldn't need a fancy remote, just a regular 2 wire tstat.

Gotcha, your talking a run of the mill thermostat....on the wall. How does this get hooked up to the controls on my stove ,...I am a newbie to this, but can get someone to hook it up for me, please tell me more...

Our person selling and installing Napoleon stoves in DFW area did what we paid him for. He buy and installs 390 stoves/inserts per year, no more no less and thats it. He said he orders only once a year. We do have a warranty and he said he is sending the serial number. He opened the box in his van . I have found most products you buy have a stamped # or a plate showing serial number on the product. The installer definately was representing Napoleon . He just didnt give us much info on the in and out of using this thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.