New NC-13 Just Delivered!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbird560

Feb 2, 2011
SW Arkansas
After getting a great deal from HD on my new 13, I can't believe that the free delivery
service actually delivered the stove all the way up our mountain to our door and put the stove in our shed to await installation. Ordered this stove sight unseen and must
admit I was shocked at how small the stove is. I ordered it based on people's recommendations here on the forum. All I have to say is that little stove must put
out a bunch of heat to heat 1500 sq. ft. This is our first wood stove and we have only been around old style stoves that are not EPA stoves. The stove arrived in good shape except for one broken fire brick which I assume Englander will replace when I call them. Either that or sell me one at a reasonable price. How much do fire bricks normally sell for?

Jbird

The bricks are two dollars and fifty cents apiece at our local stove shop.

That stove will heat 1500sqft all day under the right conditions, insulation, drafty house etc. I heat almost 2000sqft with one when the temps are in our normal range which is 20-s to 30's. Below 20 and I fire up a second stove just at night, below 10 and both run most of the day.

It will run hot 550-650 stove top temps with out much trouble or wood. You'll like it!

I think the 30 will heat it without any issues but the 13 might be a bit optimistic...

Status
Not open for further replies.