New NFCS launch, new name

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nofossil

Moderator Emeritus
Seems like we would never get to this point.....

As many readers in this forum know, I've gone through a long journey with wood heat. With the help, support, and encouragement from folks on this forum, I've made the trip from newbie to almost knowing what I'm doing. Along the way I designed, build, and refined a control system that became known as the 'NoFossil Control System' (NFCS). I released the design and software, and some folks built their own. I also built a couple batches and sold them, mostly to folks here on the forum.

We've finally reached the point where we've been able to officially launch a more professional version of the system. Here's our announcement on the 'Industry Press Releases' forum here. The new version is named 'Vesta' after the Roman goddess of the hearth.

We've also launched a new company - Vermont Energy Control Systems LLC - to support and promote the product.

I'd like to formally thank all of you who have taken time to answer my questions and help me along the way. I intend to stay active here on a non-commercial basis.

vesta-01.gif

Fantastic!
After having built my own and used it for several years now I am a real fan. Those of you who are looking to control your heating systems I can fully attest to the robust, versatile and high reliability of this controller. Wishing you, Bill the very best success with this endevour. Hope you sell a million of them.

Don

Score!

Can it control fan speed to keep flue temp below a certain temp?

gg

Can it control fan speed to keep flue temp below a certain temp?

gg

Wow - people haven't completely forgotten me, despite my relative inactivity of late. Thanks for all the support.

Goose - I use mine for almost exactly that purpose. It can provide variable speed control of fans or circulators to attempt to hit a target temperature. On mine, I use a standard Grundfos 15-58 for boiler inlet temperature protection (set up to provide a short-circuit directly from boiler outlet right back to inlet). The controller varies the speed of this circulator to maintain an acceptable inlet temperature.

I also control the boiler circ to try and maintain outlet temp and the combustion fan to try and hold combustion temperature constant. Here's a chart from last winter. I run periodic 'purge' cycles of full fan speed to prevent explosions ;-)

pid-chart.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.