New order from AMFM today.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

oilstinks

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 25, 2008
western NC
Ordered a factory second 50TNC30 today. Andy was very nice to deal with and listend to any concerns I had. This will replace mmmy NC13. Big scratcch across top but I can deal with that. He was nice enough to email me a pic of it before purchase.

Reactions: TWilk117
Cosmetic defects are nothing but money savers. I just got a new entry door for a deep discount because of a tiny little dent. It will get more dents so I dont care. Will just touch it up. Good for you!

Where did you order a factory second from? What is AMFM?

Reactions: oilstinks
I'm hoping it heats well. I'll be using it for 3500sqft counting the basement. This little nc13 has become part of the family but its going to a nice home.
20200115_160640.jpg

Uninsulated basement walls, or are they insulated on the exterior?

1 wall daylight basement. Everything else in dirt. No insulation inside basement.
Uninsulated basement walls, or are they insulated on the exterior?

Insulating the walls would make a sizeable difference. Unfortunately with that setup about a third, or one log in three, is being used to heat outdoors.

Its a lot of concrete to try and heat up.

Super fast shipping. I realize I'm only one state south, but it was ordered last Thursday and showed up yesterday afternoon at work.

I used amfm for an Englander brand pellet grill to match my Englander brand nc30. Big savings because of a silly small ding underneath out of site.

The nc30 can really crank out the heat.

I installed a 50SNC30 end of January and can't be happier. Burning less wood and creating way more heat than with the old smoke dragon. I have 2400sqft and no issues keeping it warm enough to keep the electric baseboard from kicking in most of the time. The biggest problem is getting the warm air everywhere. When it's cold (10 deg or lower), I have to keep the lower level room where the stove is around 78 to have the LR 70 and bedrooms 66...and that's with some ductwork & ductfans helping to move the air. Good luck!

Long gash in the metal on top as though the stove was made with the piece of steel already like that. I don't mind cause it was good savings and Homedepot seems to no longer carry the 30 though it's listed on their website.

Long gash in the metal on top as though the stove was made with the piece of steel already like that. I don't mind cause it was good savings and Homedepot seems to no longer carry the 30 though it's listed on their website.
They still carry. Our last one sold for $399 a week ago...

They still carry. Our last one sold for $399 a week ago...
Where? I had checked several zips and done the online chat thing. Nc13 is available but the 30s are no longer was the best I could come up with.

I was kind of hoping it would come with legs too like my 13 did but it did not have them with it.

Its been a while since the install but I just wanted to give a thumbs up to Englander. The pedestal that came with my stove was bent as though the stove had been dropped or something heavy placed on it to actually bow the horizontal metal where the vertical metal comes up to bolt to the stove body. The stove would "rock" on the granite slab it sets on. I emailed Englander and even though I had not registered the stove making the warranty invalid, they sent me a new pedestal which I received in like 3 business days. Thanks Englander!

They must stack these stoves in the warehouse. Yours was on the bottom! I feel like the center floor of my stove is higher as though the firebox floor bent around the pedestal when the stove was loaded from above. Oh well, burns great.

I believe the pedestal steel is much thinner than the fire box steel

I believe the pedestal steel is much thinner than the fire box steel

As it should be. The pedestal only needs to offer structural strength and the shape is very strong. If you try hard enough you can break anything!

I break stuff all the time without even trying... ;lol

Loving the ability to burn softwood in the nc30. Taking the chill off and not heating ourselves out. First fire Oct 2nd this year. Usually it's end of Oct or early November here.