New P61A install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked hard at the Accentra insert, but not sure it would keep the whole house warm. Happy with my choice so far. Getting cold the next couple days. Let's see if it can keep up!
I have very little doubt in my mind that a p61 wouldn't keep up. Just feed it good stuff, set your feed rate a little over or right around 4 set the temp probably as is in room temp mode and let it ramp itself up and down. Its just a couple days anyway. In this warm weather we have been having a p61 is loafing along.

Reactions: cory127
Nicely done Cory - Glad to see the child gate but will you have enough room to do the maintenance cleaning? Have fun putting her through her paces...

Very nice! I see you went with a stand alone and not an insert... I am having an Accentra insert installed tomorrow and like you WERE, very anxious to get the new toy! Friends of ours just purchased the Harman XXV from Hooksett. I got mine in Brookline.
image.jpg

Reactions: Lake Girl
Nicely done Cory - Glad to see the child gate but will you have enough room to do the maintenance cleaning? Have fun putting her through her paces...

Thanks. Real easy to move the gate out of the way to scrape the burn pot.

Looked hard at the Accentra insert, but not sure it would keep the whole house warm. Happy with my choice so far. Getting cold the next couple days. Let's see if it can keep up!
Got it...and it's cranking... Smells a little, but will burn off.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 92
Thanks Lake Girl! I'm reminded of your earlier post to get the OAK (and I was) but my internal chimney was too far (more than 7') to get to the outside. The opinion of "two far" was also confirmed by a professional chimney installer... Anyway, I'm liking it! Never been so warm in the room - even with oil!

I have a 3200 sq ft contemp cape - guess I will find out. I also have a Jotul wood fire in the other part of the house, so I'm thinking I'm covered.image.jpg

I have a 3200 sq ft contemp cape - guess I will find out. I also have a Jotul wood fire in the other part of the house, so I'm thinking I'm covered.

Big house but you've got some beautiful stoves for heating! Happy burning guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.