1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

New Pellet Co in Fitchburg, MA $225/ton for one day

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mrbean1025, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrbean1025

mrbean1025 Member

Loc:
    Southern New Hampshire
    I don't know much about the pellets but on June 13th from 1 to 5 pm the following company will be having an open house and selling pellets for $225/ton during the event. They are hardwood pellets.

Creative Biomass Inc
    22 Kimball Place
    Fitchburg, MA
    creativebiomass.com

I will post any new info that I can find.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Stentor

Stentor Member

Loc:
    North of Boston, Mass
    I'm glad you posted. Pellets from Fitchburg would probably show up in southern New Hampshire and in here northeast Mass. If you go, maybe you could say what you think of the place, where their wood comes from, what they say their regular prices will be - - that kind of information. Too bad it'll be in June so you can't try a few of their bags.
  3. mnkywrnch

mnkywrnch Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Baldwinville ma
    PDK9 where did you find that info I wrote a post on that plant a few months ago and havent heard anything else from them,225 a ton is a good price around these parts too bad I already have my 5 ton for next year,maybe I will grab a couple more that should get into the pellet pig club ;-)
  4. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    Yea, I'm interested in this too.. I'm real close by to this location, and I'll most likely to make it to the event just to see the plant. But I am interested in the pellets too, as at 225 is quite a desirable price. (but it will be an unknown pellet from a new plant)
  5. mrbean1025

mrbean1025 Member

Loc:
    Southern New Hampshire
    Both of the owners live in the town that I work in. I received the info. directly from them. I will try to get a few bags to burn before the event and post results. If nothing else, they will have a train that the kids can drive in the yard during the event!!! I believe their website has current contact info. Their names are Shawn and Kevin.
  6. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    Looks like they have updated their website.
    http://creativebiomass.com/

so the question is do I get my 4 tons from here? or split it or what... hmmmmm
  7. mnkywrnch

Loc:
    Baldwinville ma
    I already have my pellets for next year but a friend of mine in gardner needs 2.5 more tons for him self so I figured I buy the other half of the third ton,just to give them a try. I work in fitchburg and drive by the plant every day ,they just received a huge shipment of pallets,must be getting ready to package the pellets.
  8. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    well I bounced them a note to see what the delivery charge would be to the next town over. I guess depending on what they say, I maybe or may not get some or all of them from there...

Otherwise I'll just get some NEWP and maybe a few bags from that new local mill to test out.
  9. mascoma

mascoma Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Upper Valley NH
    Few questions...
    Are they just taking orders on 13th or can you / must you pick up pellets that day?
    Anyone know if there is sales tax on pellets in MA?

Kinda weird they are pushing price to open and on the website with no explaination of who they are, what their pellet is, Etc.

Good price though.
  10. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    I figured they are taking orders on that day for pick up or delivery at a later date. Although it's just speculation.

You know, what I might do is go to check it out, and perhaps they will have some pellets there, and I can look at a bag to see how they look.
  11. iceman

iceman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Springfield Ma (western mass)
    they are a new comapny i remembering reading about it somewhere (maybe here) i believe they bought that plant that was used for something else but did have a rail line that went into it...
    they were able to save a lotta of the stuff from the old plant and converted it into a pellet place:)
  12. lecomte38

lecomte38 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Mass
    It was an old feed grain plant. same basic principal. compress the product into pellets.
  13. mccabedoug

mccabedoug Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    No tax on pellets in MA.
  14. kt1i

kt1i Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    I just sent an e-mail for more details. I used to live in Fitchburg and this is the old United Cooperative Farmers feed plant. They have rail service at the plant. I can't believe that they are up and running so fast. The price is really good but guess that I would be a little wary of buying a whole ton from a start up operation. I will probably take a ride down to the event in any case.
  15. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky New Member

Loc:
    Central Massachusetts
    Darn ! Just got off my lazy duff and bought on Friday !!! NEWP for $275 3 tons ... cheap delivery.

Oh well, I'm next door so this looks good for the future.
  16. rowerwet

rowerwet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Merrimack Valley, MA
    now if someone would build a pellet plant near my house.
  17. Jack Morrissey

Jack Morrissey Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Stoughton, Ma
    Has anyone tried these yet?????????????????????????
  18. mnkywrnch

Loc:
    Baldwinville ma
    I dont think there selling until this saturday 6/13.
  19. Gweeper64

Gweeper64 New Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    Not yet anyway....
  20. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Loc:
    Stowe, Vermont
    I don't suppose they'd be selling pellets by the bag.
  21. eddyburns

eddyburns Member

Loc:
    central mass
    I spoke with them today. No pellets to buy yet so no way to burn a bag. Nor sure if I want to buy 4-5 tons with no test bag. $140 for delivery of up to 10 tons (I live 20 miles away).

Eddy
  22. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    maybe I should have called. I bounced them an email a week or so ago, and never heard back.
  23. iceman

iceman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Springfield Ma (western mass)
    140 for delivery????
    that makes it 300 a ton!
  24. ducker

ducker Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Leominster, MA
    something like high delivery charges will make it a lot easier for me to not try their pellets... we'll see what I find out when I stop by there on Saturday.
  25. mnkywrnch

Loc:
    Baldwinville ma
    I couldnt agree more $140 delivery charge for a unknown product is crazy,not bad if you get 10 ton,but if you only need a couple thats horrible!!!!!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.