New pellet on the market. Looking for feedback on performance.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cincinnati Kid

Feeling the Heat
Jan 6, 2009
Cincinnati
While driving 50 miles or so east of Cincinnati, I noticed that the old Pennington Wood pellet plant in Peebles, OH was up and running again. I did a little research on the internet and found that a company called Northeast Wood Products out of CT purchased that plant along with another Pennington mill in northern Indiana.

They are selling pellets called Thermaglo. Has anyone ever tried any of these pellets? Any comments on performance or where to purchase some? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

While driving 50 miles or so east of Cincinnati, I noticed that the old Pennington Wood pellet plant in Peebles, OH was up and running again. I did a little research on the internet and found that a company called Northeast Wood Products out of CT purchased that plant along with another Pennington mill in northern Indiana.

They are selling pellets called Thermaglo. Has anyone ever tried any of these pellets? Any comments on performance or where to purchase some? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

If their manufacturing process is the same, then the pellets will be 2 to 3 inches long! I would skip them.

These are by far the ashiest pellets I've ever burned in 15 years. I can't even go a week without emptying my ash pan and I can typically go 3-4 weeks. Decent heat, unbelievable ash.

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/thermaglo-pellets.139658/

I find them to be hotter, with less ash and much less fines than this year's Currans. Also better than Heat'rz and TCS Equine pine bedding (the darker pellets). Unfortunatley I haven't put any FSU's in the Harman (FSU's reserved for the Hastings), so can't make a comparison of those, but my guess is they are more ashy than the FSU's, but hold their own heat wise. of course others, who apparently have access to better pellets than I have, really hate them. I, on the other hand, would have gladly gotten 3 tons of these on my pre-buy instead of this year's Currans!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.