New Pellet Stove Install Chimney liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sammypoodle

Hearth Supporter
Jul 11, 2008
new hampshire
Hi, I purchase a new pellet stove and had it installed by the company that sold me the stove. I was told that I do not need to install a liner all the way up the chimney and that I only need to use a flex pipe of 6 feet, I think they said. I found this forum after the install. Was I told correctly? Does the chimney need to be fully lined or is is ok to have a flex pipe 6 feet in lenth? The chimney seems to be in good shape. Hardly ever used it except to burn one or two fires a year. One other question. The insert goes in my Fireplace which is stone, So with the decorative metal trim that goes around the insert its supposted to sit flat against the stone. Now since the stone is not flat there are minor gaps. With a brick fireplace it would have been completly flat with no gaps. Is it ok to leave it that way or should I buy some firelplace insert fiberglass insulation and put it behind surround kit to insulate it better? I hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.