New Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EarlyMan

Jun 7, 2011
Scarborough, Maine
Hi Gang -

Yesterday, whilst perusing the pellet sites, I landed on http://site.sibwoodpellets.com/Home.php only to find that MWP is now offering 100% softwood SUPER premium pellets at $235/ ton delivered! As far as I can tell, this is a new product from MWP. Can't wait to find out how they perform!

EarlyMan

Also a new pellet out there is Eden Pellet. I have some going to do a burn and see what the ash is like soon. They smell good "to me any ways". The smell is like that of plywood/mdf section at home depot. Length seems ok a couple longer ones in the bag seems to be a fine dust almost like baby powder in the bag they are trucked from VA to NY so I'm not sure if that is the reason for the dust. Any one else try these?

Meneillys said:
Also a new pellet out there is Eden Pellet. I have some going to do a burn and see what the ash is like soon. They smell good "to me any ways". The smell is like that of plywood/mdf section at home depot. Length seems ok a couple longer ones in the bag seems to be a fine dust almost like baby powder in the bag they are trucked from VA to NY so I'm not sure if that is the reason for the dust. Any one else try these?

Pay attention to the paragraph toward the bottom that mentions using "construction debris" as part of the manufacturing process........shades of Infernos. :gulp:

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/01/wood-pellet-maker-leases-space-closed-chesapeake-plant

Yea I noticed that but last year Depot and Lowes stopped sell and then customers appeared because we are the next cheapest in the area. I know they may not be great but I will be up front with people about it and tell them what they are. Some people can not afford the high end pellets and I would still like there business. For under $200 a ton delivered that is about $60-$80 less than any one else in the area.

I heard from an insider that MWP are gunning for the Okies with there softies. That to me is a big step for starters. I think they should take baby steps, But that's just me! If they keep the fiber clean and keep the density up. We could see a nice softwood pellet from them.

I personnally can't wait to try some. But after summer has been nice and long! :)

Hey -

I'm in the same camp. My oakies are being delivered next week; I asked Steve to throw on a couple of bags of the MWP softies, so I could try them against the best softies... oakies! If he does, I'll report back... in the fall!

EarlyMan

Status
Not open for further replies.