new question - one ton in Jeep and Chevy S-10??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
slls said:
20 bags is legal limit if I leave my wife home lol, a Sonoma.
if you take your wife does that make it 21 bags.....lol. jk

We hauled fifty 8' tall by 6" diameter cedar posts in our ford 4 cylinder ranger. it was really squating and we went pretty far. no problems.

farm plates are great, no weight restrictions!

We brought our pellet stove, 2 tons of pellets, the hearth pad and all the venting plus 2 adults in our 250 3/4 ton diesel pick up. It was squating too but no problems.

in a car trunk you have to keep in mind that putting 1000lbs of pellets in the trunk is quite a bit different than distributing 4 250lb people in 4 seating positions.

I can haul 24 tons in my 48' van....

Thanks all who answered our questions yesterday...We havent even gotten our stove yet{c'mon tax refund!!lol} and we are already looking for pellets!!!! I checked last night and my S-10 is payload rated to 1017 lbs......cant find a listing in the door of the '96 Jeep Cherokee Sport....But after reading ya'lls posts,it sounds doable......Dexter, yes we would love to have some somersets and found them for 219...according to what Debbye and I have read here,they are a really good pellet....Found lignetics green label all hardwood for 213 a little closer to our home.......But want somersets also!!! Looking forward to meeting Eric at kinsman when we finally make it up there.....This forum is awesome and we have learned so much already!!! Will post pics when there is something worthy of it......I understand without pics it didnt happen......:)

Dave

Countryboymo said:
in a car trunk you have to keep in mind that putting 1000lbs of pellets in the trunk is quite a bit different than distributing 4 250lb people in 4 seating positions.

Most times I've purchased pellets, I've transported them in a 2006 Camry. I can take 15-20 bags at a time (depending on if I have another passenger) and I always distribute the bags evenly between the trunk, back seats and sometimes front passenger seat too. I live less than 2 miles from a Lowes, so lately I've been travelling quite often with Greene Team pellets as my passenger.

I've been carrying 25 bags at a time in my 2003 Ford windstar. Spread through th ewhole interior. Drove slowly, short distance.
P.S Just had it serviced and had to replace the rear shocks. BUT Dealer said that shouldnt have been th eproblem unless I was agressive in driving. Probably just wear over 8 years.
But????

DexterDay said:
I wouldnt be afraid of putting four grown men in a car...............

I would! Specially if you put OMV and Smoke in the back seat! There would be an awful lot of ruckus back there! ;-)

The Ds said:
Thanks all who answered our questions yesterday...We havent even gotten our stove yet{c'mon tax refund!!lol} and we are already looking for pellets!!!! I checked last night and my S-10 is payload rated to 1017 lbs......cant find a listing in the door of the '96 Jeep Cherokee Sport....But after reading ya'lls posts,it sounds doable......Dexter, yes we would love to have some somersets and found them for 219...according to what Debbye and I have read here,they are a really good pellet....Found lignetics green label all hardwood for 213 a little closer to our home.......But want somersets also!!! Looking forward to meeting Eric at kinsman when we finally make it up there.....This forum is awesome and we have learned so much already!!! Will post pics when there is something worthy of it......I understand without pics it didnt happen......:)

Dave

Are you buying your stove from Eric??

Great guy with a great attitude and some great pooches (Pellet and Woody, his Dogs). Be sure to give them a scratch behind there ear for imacman (another forum member).

What stoves are you looking at? His Heatilator line is hard to beat for the price. They are basically a Quadrafire in a cheap chassis. Although the entire Harman line is Top rated and you would be hard pressed to find a better stove.

Welcome to the Gang. Keep us updated on your purchase. Once installed, we're gonna need some pics (Pics or it never happed).

Thanks for the welcome, Dex - much appreciated!

We're planning on visiting Eric this coming week, and are looking forward to doing business w/him. Our pup will be in doggie daycare when we go to visit, so we'll be able to give Eric's guys some attention :-D

There will definitely be pics coming!! We're picture people - a pretty lasagna fresh out of the oven, we've got pics; beautiful garden harvest, we've got pics!; puppy being a silly, ridiculous puppy, we've got pics! Very visually oriented here, and love to document things (is that a sign we're getting older?) :)

Many thanks to all,
Dave & Deb

The Ds said:

We're planning on visiting Eric this coming week, and are looking forward to doing business w/him. Our pup will be in doggie daycare when we go to visit, so we'll be able to give Eric's guys some attention :-D

There will definitely be pics coming!! We're picture people - a pretty lasagna fresh out of the oven, we've got pics; beautiful garden harvest, we've got pics!; puppy being a silly, ridiculous puppy, we've got pics! Very visually oriented here, and love to document things (is that a sign we're getting older?) :)

Many thanks to all,
Dave & Deb

Nope... Not a sign of age.... More like Pride to me (although with age, you take more pride in things). Im Proud of everything I do.

My Father told me as a Child ..

"Take Pride in everything you do Kid. Even if its wiping your a$$. Do it right the 1st time and know you did the best you could". Ever since, I have always tried to put my best foot foward.

Congratulations again... Your in luck... We love Pics!!! ;-P

Countryboymo said:

I put the seats down and distribute the weight.

DexterDay said:
The Ds said:

Many thanks to all,
Dave & Deb

Nope... Not a sign of age.... More like Pride to me (although with age, you take more pride in things). Im Proud of everything I do.

My Father told me as a Child ..

"Take Pride in everything you do Kid. Even if its wiping your a$$. Do it right the 1st time and know you did the best you could". Ever since, I have always tried to put my best foot foward.

Congratulations again... Your in luck... We love Pics!!! ;-P

Gosh Dex, you've brought tears to my eyes (Deb). Amen to you, sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.