New Saw Running Better

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I won the pool!!

wendell said:
Yeah, I won the pool!!

Iam calling for an investigation! :cheese:

No need for an investigation. I knew he wouldn't go for that new fangled strato technology and it had to be enough bigger that he would start 4 threads about it. ;-)

wendell said:
No need for an investigation. I knew he wouldn't go for that new fangled strato technology and it had to be enough bigger that he would start 4 threads about it. ;-)

Yea me to but didnt know that the 440 was being rehashed.....Hey you know of any cookie cutter running on times against fuel to see how much more a stock 441 will cut over saws in the same class. Just wondering if the modding is killing or helping in the real scheme of things?

So sad, Redd--now you can't play the "I've cut 75 cords with a butter knife, hauled it with my Power Wheels, and split it with my fist of cynicism 'cause I'm a big tough guy" role anymore!
Good to see you've discovered the "work smarter, not harder" mantra. Welcome to easy livin', my man. Easy livin'.

S

Bigg_Redd said:
Danno77 said:
When do you plan on telling us what you got? I have made up my mind that it's 361, but I wanna hear it from you. I'm looking for a new saw and haven't decided what to get yet. I might go 361/362 but I really am considering bigger, because I'm young and don't mind lugging around a big saw for the small jobs, too.

I got a 440 with a 25" bar, an extra chain (skip tooth/round bit), and a hat for $974 OTD from a dealer I've known and done business with all my life. 28" bar is the standard for the 440's around here but I didn't want that much bar on my every day saw. Should I run across that 50" behemoth I know where the saw shop is. It's more saw than I'll ever need and that's why I bought it. I thought about a 362 but decided against it as I was shooting for the "more saw than I'll ever need" mark.

I am loving this 440. The head isn't much heavier than my 290, but the extra 5" of bar and chain makes for some noticeable extra heft. I almost went with the 460 as it's the same size and weight, but I drew the line at $1000.

Pics, or your cutting with a HusQ

Elderthewelder said:

Baby steps, baby steps. Let him take a step up in the Stihl line before you expect him to take the big jump to Husqvarna. And then one day, he may even graduate to Jonsered.

Although, I will admit, that 440 is Stihl's best looking saw.

Elderthewelder said:
Bigg_Redd said:
Danno77 said:
When do you plan on telling us what you got? I have made up my mind that it's 361, but I wanna hear it from you. I'm looking for a new saw and haven't decided what to get yet. I might go 361/362 but I really am considering bigger, because I'm young and don't mind lugging around a big saw for the small jobs, too.

I got a 440 with a 25" bar, an extra chain (skip tooth/round bit), and a hat for $974 OTD from a dealer I've known and done business with all my life. 28" bar is the standard for the 440's around here but I didn't want that much bar on my every day saw. Should I run across that 50" behemoth I know where the saw shop is. It's more saw than I'll ever need and that's why I bought it. I thought about a 362 but decided against it as I was shooting for the "more saw than I'll ever need" mark.

I am loving this 440. The head isn't much heavier than my 290, but the extra 5" of bar and chain makes for some noticeable extra heft. I almost went with the 460 as it's the same size and weight, but I drew the line at $1000.

Pics? Image search "MS 440" on google. That's exactly what it looks like.

Bigg_Redd said:
Elderthewelder said:
Bigg_Redd said:
Danno77 said:

Pics? Image search "MS 440" on google. That's exactly what it looks like.

that sounds a little to high tech for me, I would rather see yours in action at the local mill

B-R, I'm happy that you're happy with the new saw. Sooo......how's the new wood shed work'in out? Pic's?

Status
Not open for further replies.