New Season Fire Up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYBurner

Burning Hunk
Jan 5, 2015
Upstate NY
Just wanted to put a quick reminder out there to unplug you stoves for 1 minute to fully power cycle/ reset the boards prior to starting up this season. It was noted by a few of us that burn performance was greatly improved by resetting the stove every cleaning.

Reactions: bags
I unplug mine after the burning season is over every year.I don't want to take a chance on frying a board in case the surge protector doesn't work.

X2

I keep mine unplugged during the off season. Don't want to risk a lightning strike in the summer frying things.

Also remember to UNPLUG every time you are working on the stove. Unless you are using the exhaust fan while cleaning to blow ash out on certain makes or models. And do not "fix it" if it is not broken.

Reactions: rich2500
I unplug mine after the burning season is over every year.I don't want to take a chance on frying a board in case the surge protector doesn't work.

Ditto. Why leave it plugged in for 6 to 8 months when not used?

I unplug mine in the off season because when there is a power outtage, the stove will beep and enter its purge mode when the power is restored, which annoys me when it happens in mid-night!

My maple tree 30 ft from the house took a lightning hit last spring and I am still chasing minor issues. Everything on UPS or unplugged has no issues. The investment paid off. My Mother still unplugs everything if not needed on a more than a weekly basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.