New stove/old stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Northwind

Hearth Supporter
Apr 26, 2009
Upper, MI
Hi guys,

I have a 15 year old wonder wood that I'm thinking about replacing with a new stove. It's still in good shape but would like a longer burn time etc... How much gain would I see by going to a new efficient stove vs the older one? The only con I can see (besides cost) is that I'll lose a few inches in log length.

Thanks
Chris

You will get more heat with less fuel, a cleaner longer burn, and probably save up to 30% on wood usage. Oh, and you will also have the benefit of seeing the fire if you decide on a stove with a glass front. An EPA stove will pay for itself in a few years or even sooner if you cut your own wood. It's a great time to buy with the fed tax rebate going on.

Thanks for the info! 30% is quite a bit. Where would I find more info on the fed tax rebate?

Thanks again
Chris

Northwind said:
Thanks for the info! 30% is quite a bit. Where would I find more info on the fed tax rebate?

Thanks again
Chris

Go to search box up top,,type,,,30% Tax Credit,,, it will be second thread on page 1. IRS and EPA have not reached conclusions as far as I know,,many of us waiting, some already jumped on the wagon.

Well This Time it wasnt on first page,,, hope you found it,,,there are a couple of em if you scroll around from page to page

Status
Not open for further replies.