New stove recommendation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have a look up near the top of page where it says stove reviews? I had a gander there, and it seems to rate favorably for the most part.

Yes I did. Read some reviews on other sites to. I really like the looks of both stoves. I just wanted to hear from owners before I purchase. Thanks

You might post what your goals are, how big of a house your trying to heat, where in the house it will be installed, and how tall your chimney is. With all of those details people can give you better advice. Just because a stove has good reviews doesn't mean it will be a good fit for your home.

Once in awhile I see or read about a stove that catches my eye ... but my Oslo has just done one thing and has done it very well for the past five or six years .... it has kept me warm without having to replace anything.

I would buy another one ... but in blue black.

Both are excellent stoves. The vast majority of Jotul owners are very happy with their stoves. Often times the queries we will see or hear from here are the few folks having problems, that's the nature of a forum, but that is not indicative of the large number of satisfied owners.

Here is some info on our house. It is 3000 square feet (1450 first floor, 1550 upstairs) and very well insulated. We live in hudson valley NY. The stove
will be in the living room which opens to the large kitchen on one side and stairs on the other side. We have all 8 foot ceilings. I have researched and gained so much
information from this site. I want an easy and reliable stove. Our wood situation is excellent. Between the f500 and f600 is one more user friendly than the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.