new stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Archminer

Sep 13, 2013
I found a half price deal on a ussc aps 1100b. It was last years model. So how do i break this puppy in? How long till i can truly burn it? Ive never had a brand new stove before so i am kinda lost. Also do i need to inatall a draft damper? That was the only regulation my vogelzang had. This one has a real intake air control.

From this page:
https://www.usstove.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=309&product_id=510
Goto the download tab and download the owners manual. Other informational downloads are also available.

It is EPA cert. so a draft damper will not be needed unless you have a specific situation that would require one (extra tall stack, crazy winds, etc.)

Usually break-ins are stated in the manual, but generally it is 3 fires. First starting at low temps and then let cool. Second at a higher temp (say 350F) and let cool. Third at operational temp. Again - review the owners manual for specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.