New Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fyermann

Oct 6, 2021
Southern California
I have a new Comfort Bilt pellet stove. It came full of cardboard inside of the fire box. The instructions say nothing about it. Do I simply leave the cardboard inside and fire it up?

No, take it out and follow one of these manuals

Whatever you do, don't roast the owners manual.....lol

Reactions: Washed-Up
Yea people love owners manual around here so do not roast it..lol Its not as silly as it sounds because I had a new air conditioner (smaller one) put in a window and I unpacked it and it had that white hard foam board all around but inside one of the vents I could see more foam board and I did not know whether to pull it out or keep it in and the man who helped me said its part of the working features of the air conditioner so leave it in which I did.. So its a good question you asked I think..clancey