New stuff

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood spliter

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, ny
Some splits, a borer from some Red Oak, and I have about 20 of these splits. They were to heavy for my friend and his young crew to get in the truck whole so they came pre split. Along with some smaller stuff he dumped it in front of my house.

Attachments

• IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_0751.jpg
    IMG_0751.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_0752.jpg
    IMG_0752.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 487
wood spliter said:
Some splits, a borer from some Red Oak, and I have about 20 of these splits. They were to heavy for my friend and his young crew to get in the truck whole so they came pre split. Along with some smaller stuff he dumped it in front of my house.

Spliter looks great, like the old school maul and axe (or is that another maul?).

zap

partially pre split delivered good stuff, can't complain about that

Lmao! I used to get excited about "splitting" wood ... but sometimes when it gets delivered, is already cut and split AND Free...... I just "feel" so good! It's like a HUGE favor was done for me.......
Enjoy it! Great score!

zapny said:
wood spliter said:

Spliter looks great, like the old school maul and axe (or is that another maul?).

zap
8Lb maul with the duck tape and a 15lb'er with the orange handle. I'll get a better picture of the tools next time

wood spliter said:
and a 15lb'er with the orange handle

Monster Maul AKA Thor?

Excellent wood.

SolarAndWood said:
wood spliter said:
and a 15lb'er with the orange handle

Monster Maul AKA Thor?
I'm not sure. My dad got it for me when I was splitting wood at his house. That was over 25 years ago. He never used it only I did so I went and grabbed it from his shed last year. Its all metal and the handle is hollow.

Status
Not open for further replies.