New Tarm 30 has arrived

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VtRv

Jun 3, 2008
Morrisville, Vt
I finally took the plunge and picked up my new Tarm 30. It's in the garage just waiting for some help to get it into the basement. I'm still trying to decide if I should add 500 gallons of storage with the initial set up or wait a year and see how it goes this winter. I'm excited to get it hooked up and learn how to use this thing. Now if we could get some decent weather here in Vermont so my wood can dry I'll be all set. It's was at 25% when I split it so it shouldn't take much drying time.

Lucky man. I'm still working out the financing and design for my EKO 40 system. I'll tell ya, as far as storage goes, I plan on doing storage right from the beginning. It sounds like there is a bit of a learning curve on these boilers. I'd like to make it as smooth as possible. It's only money, right?

VtRv said:
I finally took the plunge and picked up my new Tarm 30. It's in the garage just waiting for some help to get it into the basement. I'm still trying to decide if I should add 500 gallons of storage with the initial set up or wait a year and see how it goes this winter. I'm excited to get it hooked up and learn how to use this thing. Now if we could get some decent weather here in Vermont so my wood can dry I'll be all set. It's was at 25% when I split it so it shouldn't take much drying time.

When did you order it and when did you recieve it?

flyingcow said:
VtRv said:

When did you order it and when did you recieve it?

I didn't actually order it. The dealer I went through had some on order that were not spoken for. He had also set himself up as an EKO Dealer and had three of those on order. I told him I'd take whichever came in first. The Tarm arrived first followed by the EKO so I had my choice. I went with the Tarm based on track record and he has been a dealer for quite some time and knows he can get any parts he doesn't stock. Being a new EKO dealer he wasn't sure how easy it was going to be to get parts.

spend the money now for the heat storage tank. You will be glad you did it. My system is just about completed with 806 gal of storage for a tarm solo 40. Your time is valuable, storage allows you some flexability when you fire it. It saves in the long run on burn-out for you and the heater. It is most efficient with storage. sweetheat

Status
Not open for further replies.