New to all this.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pr0xibus

Oct 27, 2017
dd108tl
Morning folks, or evening depending on where you are.

I am moving to a nice cottage out in the sticks. Currently installed in the cottage is a 8kw Villager double door stove. I can see primary Air inlet at the bottom, but no secondary. What I do have is a flap on the flue "possibly called a flue dampner"

Am i right in thinking that for the start of the burn i should make sure the Primary Air inlet is fully open, Flue dampner fully open, after 15 mins or so, close the primary (mostly) and close the flue dampner (mostly) too?

Cheers

The damper is mainly used to control draft if you have over draft from chimney being to high or pipes to big or what ever the case may be so it’s hard to say where to leave it try leaving it fully open and go from there if the stove is burning to hot the close it half way as for the primary air control on the stove yes leave it wide open until you have your fire going nice and hot than slowly choke the fire down don’t shut the primary air down all at one time you will smoulder the fire start wide open and slowly choke it down in increments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a damper in my old stove set up that I never shut it stayed wide open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk