new to me englander 25-PI questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thatguy69

Jan 11, 2016
mansfield ohio
I just picked up an englander 25 pi,manufactured date was 93 so it has the 2 analog dial control board.i built a stand for it along with a bigger hopper as I won't be using it for a insert. The knob for the room air blower doesn't seem to be working right,it's practically an on or off switch,no inbetween. I don't believe this is right but it's not to big of a deal for me as the stove stays in the garage. I know I can upgrade the board to one of the newer ones I believe but I'd rather keep this one or get it repaired if I could. Is there any benefit to upgrading to the newer board over the old style like I have if I can get this one repaired cheaply?

Here's a quick shot of the hopper before I got the lid done and the hopper painted

Attachments

• 20160116_184511.jpg
    20160116_184511.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: Shane1
That Guy,
The manual I have for that insert says it cannot be used except as an insert. I assume because the blower is outside the enclosure.

I have an old one as well, my understanding is the electronic control is more dependable as the knob on the manual control has to be tweaked to get a good burn . I have been told you need to be there while it is running.

If you know how to use an ohm meter, the potentiometer (like a volume control)may be bad. It would be easy to replace. If there is a label as to what kind it is even easier to find a re[placement. otherwise you may have to experiment with different ones as they have different resistance ranges and tapers (how fast the resistance changes)

Status
Not open for further replies.