New to me Harman Advance install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbova

Dec 13, 2011
Barrington, NH
Hi All,

I just picked up a used Harman Advance as my first pellet stove, I used to burn wood at my old house. We've decided to put it in the corner of the living room, now I have a few questions.

stove came with some Duravent pipe, a few 12", elbow, clean out tee, and adjustable length piece. Here's the issue; there's a hydronic baseboard that runs to within 8" of the corner. With the exhaust of the Harman being so low I can't go straight out with a 45 at the same height because the 13"x13" wall thimble will hit the baseboard.

Here are my options as I see it;
1: Cut the interfering corner out of the square trim piece, the inner circle still clears everything, then outside, cleanout tee and up. Is the 13" square providing the necessary clearance or is it the 6" circle?

2: Put stove on a ~6" pedestal/floor protector and go out with non modified thimble and trim square. The rest is the same as 1.

3: 90° elbow out of the stove heading up, 12" straight (heading up), then 90° out then 90° up. Is that too many elbows? Also makes it pain to clean. I don't really want to look at the pipe on the inside of the house.

4: Use the Harman through wall: Doesn't give dimensions to the outside but looks smaller. Pricey but also makes OAK easier, which I plan to do. Is this pass through compatible with the duravent?

Also, what is the right adapter for the duravent (non pro). The one Lowe's carries (3PVL-AD) fits no better and no worse that sticking the pipe right on the stove. Do I really need an adapter?

I think that's if for now.
Thanks
Chris

Connect a T fitting to the adapter coming off the stove, then go up a couple of feet, then out.

Status
Not open for further replies.