New to me Sequoia 2160

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
Hello all, well I found a Sequoia 2160 fa455 , Mfg date code 2732, WH 5617 that I bought for $100.00. Everything is in great shape looks like very little use. I need to find a rear flue collar, other then just normal gaskets. I can not figure out how to get to the Cataytic combustor,I see there are 3 bolts holding up part of the combustor for the inside but the online manual says that there are only 2 bolts to remove. So before I do anything I best ask. I will have pictures soon, while unloading the stove this morning I stepped on a piece of scrap pallet wood with a nail and right through my sneakers ( I always wear my work boots) into my heal of my foot. So Im in to much pain for pictures to night.

Them Porta Potties are great heaters.

images

So are these stoves any good? Is this better then my pleasant hearth stove? I finally opened the top to the cat The cat looks great no signs of abuse, only the gasket around it is worn out I founded the rear flue collar on line for like $50, stove $100 new gaskets maybe $40 and if I replaced the cat that would be about $200. So is stove good or a smoke dragon ? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.