1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

New to site..looking for parts and info on Earth Stove 1001-1005

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by BigSal, Oct 17, 2012.

1. BigSal

BigSal New Member

Loc:
    Southern NJ
    Hello everyone, Looking for information on an Earth Stove I just aquired, it's a model 1001/1005 with production dates from 1976 to 1984, it seems to be missing the baffle plate inside the stove...(keeps the flame from going up the flue pipe) there are 2 brackets on the back wall of the fire box that are angled upward, I'm assuming this baffle was attatched to at some point, if anyone has one or knows where I can find one or if you know the dementions that I can make one please let me know. I'm also looking for any information reguarding this stove also...

Thanks, Sal

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    http://www.hearth.com/talk/search/6211393/?q=earth stove&o=date&c[node]=19 This may help you..

Ray
  3. Heatsource

Heatsource Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CA
    welding shop : just a plate of 3/8 steel, the width of the firebox, and 12-14" deep. you need to leave plenty of space in front of the baffle for smoke to escape 6" or so