New to wood burning, this forum, and about to buy and insert...hello and please help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted without seeing your pic. Your hearth looks very similar to mine. Well done, I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

Sen. John Blutarsky said:
dougcalaman said:
550 is going in now. This low mantel vs code thing is going to be a pain. They forgot the heat shield...not that I want to use it, but it beats the alternatice. Any input advice etc? I will get pics posted as soon as things are settled.

The heat shield is big. I was bummed out when I saw it. When you put it in, it is absolutely amazing how you don't notice it. It also helps to direct the heat from the blowers out into the room. It costs like $75, but is necessary for inspection if you need it.

Yeah, we were bummed at first too, but we are already used to it. We are looking forward to the off-gassing to stop. We have had 4 fires now, with the last one being pretty hot. Hopefully that did it. as far as curing the paint etc. It is too cold to keep opening the house! So far so good!

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.