New user of Thelin Parlour 3000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rick31797

Feb 16, 2010
Canada
I am new too this forum,I live in Canada and decided to replace my wood stove for a pellet stove.Do too health issue's i really wasnt using the wood stove much and when i changed my home insurance the inpsector didnt like my outdated stainless steel Chimney.

I am not working and seen a Thelin Parlour 3000 with pipe forsale. I bought it, and after 2 weeks had it ready too run.
It started great, and the heat output was great, for about 50 mins, and then i needed to shut it down. I noticded the fan motor slowing down and speeding up ,especially on low setting , the longer it run the worse it got.
I thought maybe the motor brushes where bad, so i unhooked the stove and lay it down, took the bottom off, and looked at the brushes which didn't look too bad.

This stove is a 2002 model..I am not sure how much it was used before i got it, but when i ordered the battery cables from Thelin just after i bought the stove, the person i was talking too did mention about the off shore garbage motors they have been getting or did get in the passed. i am not sure if this continues.

A motor about 8 years old, looks like it needs to be replaced.I will have too call Thelin and see what they will do for me. I think they make a great stove but the electronics part of it bothers me.

Rick

Attachments

• 000_3099.jpg
    000_3099.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 469
I contacted Jay at Thelin and they are sending me a new fan, hope that will take care of it. Everybody is exactly right , there customer service is AAAAA.
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.