New Vistaflame VF100FPI for a newbie :)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody1911a1

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2012
Marblehead , Ma
Hey guys ,

i've been researching and reading here for about a month . Thanx . i was getting sticker shocked shopping for a decent pellet insert . then last nite saw an ad on NH craigslist for these leftover/overstocked vistaflames and one of the shops was having a grand opening sale (ended today) .
$1700 inc surround :) Fire House Stove Shoppe on rt 125 in Epping

very impressed with the build quality . it's all heavy steel plate and nice fit and finish .

a couple initial quick questions :

1- i was eyeing this install kit for my 15 ft chimney $269 plus $45 for square terracotta cap http://www.rockfordchimneysupply.com/round-liner-kit.php opinions ?

2- also the store owner told me that an oak wasn't needed in my case ditto on opinions welcome :)

Cheers Woody

Status
Not open for further replies.