New wood shed!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MNtrees

Oct 5, 2008
East Central MN
Finally done built new wood shed. The size is 20' x 24'. front is 8.5' back is 6.5'. It has outdoor type 4 lights, two outlets and switch. I will post picture as soon as I learn how to reduce from 1251 KB to 1100 KB unless someone can tell me how to do. Thanks!

Attachments

• 105_1298.jpg
    105_1298.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 587
You are so close you might just try cropping the picture a little bit, even with a screen capture tool. Without knowing if you're a PC or Mac user and what programs you have, it is hard to give exact instructions, but there are some hints on posting pics at the top of the forum. Until then, the shed sounds good, but it just doesn't really exist until we see it as you probably know :lol:

If you have Windows, there is a program for pictures called MS Paint.

Load the picture and then use the Image Menu.

On that menu click on Stretch/Skew

You'll notice that Horizontal and Vertical (the top 2) are set at 100%. Change that to perhaps 60% or whatever.

Now save it as a .jpg file and you should be all set.

I have PC with Windows (newer) and the pictures are at Kodak Easyshare.

Those pictures should still be in .jpg form so will work nicely in Paint. You just have to import them. If you need more help, just holler.

Bingo! Thanks Dennis!

Nice shed that baby is gonna hold a lot of wood

So Mn whats the detail's on the design, footings, roof, rafters, etc

steeltowninwv said:
Nice shed that baby is gonna hold a lot of wood

Yes! In the past, I had 3 different locations to keep woods, tried of that, want to build big one and all into ONE place and more closer to my house.

xman23 said:
So Mn whats the detail's on the design, footings, roof, rafters, etc

Posts are treated 4x6 , drilled 3.5 feet deep and poured cement with 8 posts, middle post is free stand sit on old cement slab (with bolt drilled in slab and post) all rafters are treated 2x4 and 2x6's. Used galvanized lug screws (1/2 x 4) with galvanized washers on 2x6 connect on posts. Used zinc metal connectors to hold 2x4 and 2x6 rafters with deck screws type. NO nails. Steel roof are recycled from other three old buildings I torn down. Hope it will answer ur questions.

wood spliter said:
Great shed. Is that a slab in the middle? If so are you doing to pour the rest of the foot print?

Thanks! that old cement slab was old wooden shed with other 3 buildings attached it. you can see bare soil area. I used same measurement for new wood shed. I have several plastic pallets and will use it to hold firewood.

Very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.