New Wood Stove for boats- saw it locally from Vashon Island ,Washington and thought everyone would b

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thank you sir!

I really appreciate the "candid" comments and found some of them funny......I need to keep my ear to the ground...and this is probably the best place to get opinions that have substance. In fact I think this is a great group. To answer your btu question I have some estimates from my experiments.......not from OMNI in portland who will do our ul and epa cert. The hard facts first. Using the home fire prest log at 8500 but/lb and 8% moisture content I am able to develop a two stage fire with the bottom temps ranging from 550 to 800 deg F. The temps in the secondary zone will hit up to 1550 deg f. The cook top will hit about 1150, and 18 inches up the three inch stack we get about 300 deg F> I can hold a steady cooktop temp (within 25 deg F.) for hours, up to 12.....we will say 10 to stay conservative. We estimate a range of 3000 btu to 27,000 btu depending on fuel type and draft settings. Our estimated grams per hour less than 1.5 and an overall efficiency of close to if not above 90%.............please these are estimated conservatively and will be confirmed by OMNI once I pay the $30,000 for this certification. Whew....30 g's Either way it has been really fun working on this project and I look forward to designing more stuff with one big purpose.......safe clean heat!

You know what boat means (Break Out Another Thousand)

well there does exist that acronym....I however own a 30 foot bayliner I paid $1100.00 on and have a total investment of about $4000.00 including my woodstove. As in any venture there are ways to do things on the cheap, and when the mrs is in a bad mood I have a man cave. This gives her the required space she needs during those times. Probably has saved our marriage some serious problems. She by the way is from Fondulac (sp?) Wisconsin, where are you located?

Please don't anyone take that wrong....my wife is just as much a part of our project as I am and much of it's success is hers. I am a lucky man and couldn't live without her!

Status
Not open for further replies.