New wood stove set off CO alarm. Should I be worried?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Should I ask the FD to come over with a detector to try and find leaks?

In my experience, your local FD will be delighted to come over and help out...Make sure that you can replicate the alarm while they are there, otherwise it becomes more of a guessing game on their part.

I agree with Slow1. Call you local fire department and have them come over with a detector. That's exactly what i did and turned out I had a faulty detector and no signs of CO inside

I did this as well. There was an existing one in my basement that went off back when I still burned oil. Those guys are very cool with household safety and, at least in person, more than willing to stop in. Gas companies if you think you smell gas, likewise. Err on the side of caution and feel safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.