1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. snipersdad

snipersdad New Member

So I bought this great wood stove and am hoping someone here my know how the brick pattern inside may go. The original bricks are pretty broken up. The stove appears to be older but here is the information on the tag.
    Looking forward to getting this started up I may actually be able to heat my whole house finally

The Frontier Model L
    Serial # 8A00123

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    That thing has been over fired many a time (white on doors). Most fisher knock off stoves like that copied the brick layout as well.
  3. snipersdad

snipersdad New Member

Do you think the over firing has damaged it?
  4. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.

Doubtful. Frontier stoves were very very heavy duty.

As far as the bricks, you will probably have to just mess with them until something works. Keep in mind that the bottom ones don't have to fit tightly at all - you can use sand or just let it fill with ash in-between them. Same goes to a degree on the sides - not a big deal if they don't fit tightly.
  5. pen

pen There are some who call me...mod. Staff Member

Loc:
    N.E. Penna
    Also, in case they are so broken up that it is not obvious.

I'd put the sides in first, then the bottoms. That way the bottoms support the sides and keep them from kicking out.
    snipersdad likes this.
  6. snipersdad

snipersdad New Member

Thanks guys the advice is great. I will keep looking to try and find a diagram that will show it. Ive never had bricks in a fireplace. My other one was so small it didnt have them
  7. mellow

mellow Resident Stove Connoisseur

Loc:
    Salisbury, MD
    I would be worried about the door being warped, hence why the left door looks that way.
    snipersdad likes this.
  8. DAKSY

DAKSY Patriot Guard Rider Staff Member

Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Many of those stoves have retainers for the tops of the firebrick, to keep them from falling inwards. Generally it's just a thin piece of metal bent like an inverted "L"... If yours does has the retainer(s), that will tell you whether or not the bottoms go in first, or the sides do. If there are no retainers, do like pen said...
    snipersdad likes this.