New Woodstock Masonry Heater!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renovation

Hearth Supporter
Oct 26, 2010
SW MI near Saugatuck
Wow!!!! NICE

They need to produce a catalytic insert.

It also seems to reason that we may see Woodstocks product line grow quickly in the near future.

Very cool looking, but I don't think I'm sold on these big masonry heaters. I kind a like the fire going all day and not having to build 2 seperate fires per day and wait around a couple hours after the fire dies to close the damper.

i like this a lot. would love to have a unit such as this for the long heat output.

Nice, but I don't think me and the boys could roll that thing around on my dolly ;)

Bill

Wow. A Woodstock non-cat. :lol:

Todd said:
Very cool looking, but I don't think I'm sold on these big masonry heaters. I kind a like the fire going all day and not having to build 2 seperate fires per day and wait around a couple hours after the fire dies to close the damper.

+1 on that

Well, this tears it. I was leaning toward geothermal, but this one will be VERY hard to resist. Let the drooling commence...

That is stunning. Anyone want to put a price on it with Price is Right rules in effect? $8K is my opening bid.

Also, how heavy can it be? Should be able to sit on any concrete slab right?

Interesting for sure but I really do wonder how much that thing weights!

Makes sense that they would think about getting some of Tulikivi's business here. But there's a big difference between selling a standalone appliance (stove) and a site-built heater. It will be interesting to see how this works out. Wonder if they will only sell to New England first?

Very cool . . . if I ever build a home I would consider something like thls.

Cool stuff George! Nice to see that new stove coming along too. It should be out soon, they said the first 1/4 of 2011.
The masonry heater sort of looks like the Vernont Marble, Granite, Slate and Soapstone Co. heaters.
http://www.vermontwoodstove.com/topazcuisine.htm

BTW the weight of a similar looking unit there was 6000 lbs!

Another page show the price range of their heaters: $15,000-$35,000. It better heat the entire house!
http://www.vermontwoodstove.com/msnyhtrs.htm

HollowHill said:
Well, this tears it. I was leaning toward geothermal, but this one will be VERY hard to resist. Let the drooling commence...

Here, let me help...you don't have to cut, split, haul and stack the geothermal. That IS a pretty nice looking masonry heater, though, even if it kind of has a mausoleum look about it.

Now that is a BEEEEEE-U-TIFul stove.

Sweet!
The wife and I have been tossing around the idea of selling our house in-town and buying some land & building further out in the country. We've been discussing things we would like and i brought up the masonry heater idea as an alternative to a furnace... showed her some examples (mostly Tulikivi designs), and she was totally into it!
Would be nice if a local company would make them... and now it looks like there is! Hopefully we can afford to go this route.

I'm gonna bid $7000 Bob!

Status
Not open for further replies.