Newbie here, Wood boiler installers/dealers in CT?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brider

Jun 13, 2008
New Haven, CT
I just stumbled upon this great forum today, in my search for in-home wod boiler installers. I live in CT, and the local heating/AC contractors almost laught when I ask if they have ever installed a wood (TARM,EKP)-fired boiler.

I'd like to research installing one in-line with my existing oil burner; I know this is an old question, but does anyone know of a dealer/installer in CT?

Thanks!

Hi I just joined too. (like 90 seconds ago). I ordered a TARM EXCEL 2000 last weekend from Preston Trading Post. I'll take delevery in August so I have no idea yet on performance. Hope I made the right choice. I haven't looked for anyone to install it, but looking at the piping layouts I think I can install it myself. I just topped off the oil tank at $4.38/gal. Hopefully that will be the last time.

I'll keep you posted.

Greg H

Preston Trading Post? Are they a distributor, or dealer? Do they have a showroom? Where are they!!!

How did you decide on the Tarm? Availability?

I am VERY glad you responded to me, I and another guy here in Orange, CT are also fed up with the $4+ cost of oil, and figure the route you've chosen is the way to go.

Are you going to install it in-line with your existing oil burner?

Yes, there is already a water storage tank attached to the existing oil-fired boiler, I was thinking of installing a woodburner in-line somehow.

I am no expert, I am assuming one CAN be installed in parallel, so If I were to be away for an extended period, valving could be switched to revert back to the oil burner.

And yes again, either I or my wife would have to commit to feeding it as needed.

You found the right place! Just do a search on Tarm and you will find a ton of info. Good Luck! BTW Tarm is one of many great choices.

Hi Preston Trading Post is in Preston CT. oddly enough. Go up past Norwich. They are a dealer with a showroom and have lots of options. www.prestontradingpost.com
The one I'm getting is a multifuel oil/wood which will replace my existing furnace.
I spent the better part of two weeks investigating and analyzing driving my poor wife round the bend.
I called both TARM and Preston Trading Post several times with questions.
I'm going to build a 900 gallon heat storage tank to go with it.

I'll keep you posted.

Greg H

Hi I also just stumbled onto Hearth.com while doing online investigation in getting a tarm. With only one chimney availible I'm also going with the wood/oil combo. Just had it relined last week in prep. Guess I'm gonna take a ride to preston, the next closest place I found was in NH!

I have known Preston for decades and they actually were one of the Top Tarm dealers when I was the importer! They are a rock-solid dealer...although a bit busy like everyone else right now. stoveguy13 on the forums here is one of the Preston People........ his dad also worked for Tarm for a decade or more.

Gee Craig, do you think we're going to be busy this summer?

Webmaster said:
They are a rock-solid dealer...although a bit busy like everyone else right now. stoveguy13 on the forums here is one of the Preston People........ his dad also worked for Tarm for a decade or more.

Unfortunately, it appears they are currently too busy to answer an e-mail or return a voicemail for sales support. I've left both this week and have not recieved the courtesy of a call or e-mail. I get that they might be busy but I get concerned that if a company is too busy to sell to you, they may be too busy for post-sales support too.

Status
Not open for further replies.