Newbie question: Morso 5660 or Nestor Martin IT/IF series

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthShoreBurn

Hearth Supporter
Jan 29, 2008
South Shore Mass
I am looking at breaking out my fireplace front and recessing a Morso 5660 or Nestor Martin IT or IF series. Is this way to radical a move? I will get a mason/flue guy involved to avoid some issues. I am trying to save on floor space and the wife wants very sleek look. Will then reface up to the ceiling with tile/travertine for modern look.

I see very little on these stoves and would appreciate any experience anyone has on these or this kind of project.

Welcome aboard.

All I can say is I like my Morso stove and I would assume they have it together with regards to an insert.

What are your ultimate goals for the wood heater?

Looking to heat one end (oldest and coldest part )of the house, the room itself is a dining room, plus adjacent foyer and connecting room to the kitchen. That is about 650-700 square feet. Semi-enclosed stairwell going up to office and bedroom above for an additional 300+sf

The room is long and narrow and so the footprint is frankly the driving factor due to furniture. I dont want to give up floor space and cant get away with a traditional insert as that is the compromise with the wife to allow me to burn wood in the first place.

Were you asking someting else specific? We have looked at Max Blank and still might go that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.