Newbie question on indoor boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some of the better add on wood boilers on the market now? I would like to stay around $5-6,000.

Better and 5-6k don't go hand in hand.

IMHO a good install, which is more then just a boiler (storage and all the extra bits) is going to run you 10k or more and that goes for all the brands.

K

Why don't you say little about what you're trying to do so the suggestions can actually apply to your application? Kopeck's more then likely right though. Although I'm At less then 10k, and I know I've over paid for some things just because they were available at the time.

Used boiler - 4,600
Storage ~ 2,000
Misc pipe, pumps, insulation, and other ~ 2,000

Last edited:
Trying to tie into an existing baseboard oil fired boiler. 2000+- sq.ft. house. Not a lot of room for storage though. Been using a PE Super27 for the last 3 years and the boiler when it gets real cold(around10F). Burned 6 cords last year but it was a really long winter here in Maine. Lot of rebates through Efficiency Maine program right now. Like to take advantage. Thanks for your help.

Personally if you don't have room for a lot of storage I would look at something like a Lignator. You need that battery (thermal storage) with a gasification boiler. IMO. Of course you would be doing most of the work to hit your budget numbers.

Used boilers / systems also carry some risk. You could easily inherit someone else's issue if you're not carefull
agreed. the link I sent has a boiler still hooked up which is a great to test and see operation before purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.