Newbie Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatherof2

Aug 12, 2014
Massachusetts
Hi Gang,

Just picked up a used St. Croix Prescott at a good price.

I have a question about the fake brick insert. Mine is broken in 3 or 4 pieces. Can they still be used?

I can put them together like a jigsaw puzzle, and they seem to stay in place pretty well.

I noticed on line that they sell metal ones at this point. I would prefer not to spend 130 bucks.

Is this just an aesthetic thing, or is there a function to them that I should be aware of?

I would love to use what I have. Is that possible?

Thanks for any input!

Helps shield the rear workings of the stove from heat and reflect some of it forward. New one is in its future. Don't want premature failure of gear motors etc because they get to hot and lube runs out.

Thanks Bio.

Is there a place that sells the non-metal ones?

I would prefer something less expensive. Are there any options like that?

I have a Hastings. The fake bricks are pretty thin and cant't be much of an insualtor. They appear to be more for looks than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.