Newly installed England Stove Works 25-PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pweeny

Nov 23, 2012
Pennsylvania
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding my new stove. My husband and I purchased an England Stove Works 25-PDVC last winter at Lowe's. A year later we have finally finished our addition and installed the stove. We followed the directions for first fire to 'cure out' the paint etc and we ran it again earlier today for a few hours at 5 as there was still a smell. The smell is now gone and tonight we are running it to heat the house. Here is the issue:

Its 43 degrees out, not too cold so I have the heat at 1 and the blower at 1. 1 and 1 seems to be burning the same as 5 and 5. It is SO hot that we have had to open several windows in the house. The auger is still spinning a steady stream of pellets into the firebox at the same speed as when we had it at 5 for the 'cure out'. Is there anything we can do about this?

Thanks in advance!!

are you using a thermostat? What pellets are you using? Shut down the stove. After the fire is out, unplug the machine, then plug it back in...within 5 seconds press BOTH the up and down arrows on the blower, your control board should be set to program D, if not move the arrows up or down to D, hit ON then unplug the machine and plug it back in.

If you only ran it once to cure it. Every time you hit a new "High Temp" your gonna smell it again.

Within a few fires. It will go away.

Just make sure its NOT Smoke you smell. It should be a toxic paint smell..

In addition to what Scott mentions about making sure your heat "mode" is correct, you need to also make sure the lower trim buttons are correct. If you press them one at a time, a number should appear. From left to right, it should be something close to 6-4-1. If not, please report back what you get.

Before you make any changes to the stove, I would do a complete reset of the control board...

To do a control board reset...

Do this when the stove is cold.

Unplug the stove from the power outlet.

Plug the power lead back in.

You must press and hold the bottom 3 buttons all at the same time within 4 seconds and wait 3 seconds and then release buttons.

Wait 5 - 10 seconds for the F5 readout display to go blank.

Unplug power lead - wait 5 seconds

Plug power lead back in and press both the room air temp buttons at the same time within 4 - 5 seconds, you should now see a letter (A, b, c or d) in the left digital display, you need to change this to d using the buttons below that number, once set to 'd' wait 10 - 15 seconds then unplug the power again and wait 5 seconds.

Plug power back in, then set the lower three (3) buttons to read 6 4 1 from left to right.

Clean out the stove and reload with pellets and fire it up. Set the heat range to 2. Set the Air room blower speed to 3 or 4 and then leave the stove alone for 60 - 90 minutes.

Reactions: Pweeny
Thank you all so much for your replies. First, I did not know I could buy a thermostat for the stove, very cool and I'm going to do that shortly. Secondly, I'm burning Somerset premium pellets that I bought at Lowes. I only got 2 bags, I plan on getting some different ones to try out today though the Somerset are burning very clean I still want to check around. Lastly, Cladmaster, I found a similar response by you in another thread after I posted this one and we did just as you said. Our stove was set on A and 8, 8 we changed to D and 6-4-1 and its running absolutely perfect. I'm so freicken happy. Thanks again everyone! Ill be lurking, you guys post the most helpful tips. Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.