NEWP Bad burn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sawdust1

Hearth Supporter
Nov 9, 2008
Western MA
Had some NEWP left over from last season. Burnt a few bags OK. Then they started to turn the glass black and noticed a lot of smoke from chimney. Thought it might be stove but no adjustments made any difference. Emptied out the hopper and loaded it up with Fireside Ultras. What a difference. Nice clean burn no smoke. So i am going to mix the two to get rid of the NEWP pellets. Five bags left of the NEWP.

Sounds like mixing is your best bet unless you can find another use for them... just mix on the lean side so you don't get any build-up. Will take longer to get rid of them but why borrow trouble;)

I hate NEWP and Green Supreme (same pellet) for that very reason!

Last edited:
I'm burning NEWP right now. No problems. Last years pellets. Got them free when I bought a new stove from Squire Lumber in Monson (I see you are from western ma.). When they are gone, I probably won't burn any more, too many better pellets out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.