News feature on wood-burning stoves.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbob

Minister of Fire
I was curious about the statement that a wire brush can puncture thru the chimney material. Huh?

-Soupy1957

Title of the thread had me hoping that the new feature was an auto feed system of some sort, lol. Love Winnipeg by the way JimBob. Only lived there for a year but really enjoyed it.

Reactions: Samcanadian
soupy1957 said:
I was curious about the statement that a wire brush can puncture thru the chimney material. Huh?

-Soupy1957
I've heard that wire brushes can wear away Class A, but are optimal for masonry tile. I'm assuming that is why poly brushes are suggested for Class A. Cheers!

SKIN052 said:
Title of the thread had me hoping that the new feature was an auto feed system of some sort, lol. Love Winnipeg by the way JimBob. Only lived there for a year but really enjoyed it.
I have a good friend that lives in Winnipeg - we call it Winterpeg - pretty damn cold! Cheers!

Thanks for posting the video link. Always interesting to see different perspectives on wood burning. You're right about "Ye Olde Soot Sweeper" - it was an opportunity for a sales pitch. However, they failed miserably to convince me.

I was in Winnipeg in 1995 for my brother's wedding. Thankfully it was during summer. :) My sister-in-law still holds onto a slight Canadian accent as well even though they live in St. Louis

Status
Not open for further replies.